CTK is committed to maintaining a work environment in which all individuals treat each other with dignity and respect and which is free from all forms of intimidation, exploitation and harassment, including sexual harassment. CTK is prepared to take action to prevent and correct any violations of this policy. Anyone who violates this policy will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.
“Harassment”, including “sexual harassment”, means unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal, visual, or physical conduct that denigrates or shows hostility or aversion toward an individual because of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, or age made by someone from or in the work setting under any of the following conditions:
- Submission to the conduct is explicitly or implicitly made a term or condition of an individual’s employment;
- Submission to, or rejection of, the conduct by the individual is used as the basis of employment decisions affecting the individual;
- The conduct has the purpose of effect of having a negative impact upon the individual’s work performance, or of creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment;
- The conduct has the purpose of effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual’s work performance, or otherwise adversely affects an individual’s employment opportunities; or
- Submission to, or rejection of, the conduct by the individual is used as the basis for any decision affecting the individual regarding benefits and services, honors, programs, or activities available at or through CTK.
Unwelcome conduct of this type can include a wide range of verbal, visual, or physical conduct of a sexual or otherwise harassing nature.
Employees who feel that they have been subjected to conduct of a harassing nature are encouraged to promptly report the matter to their supervisor, or their supervisor’s supervisor if the conduct involves their supervisor. All complaints will be promptly investigated. Every effort will be made to protect the privacy of the parties involved in any complaint. However, CTK reserves the right to fully investigate every complaint and to notify appropriate government officials as the circumstances warrant.
It’s against CTK’s policy to discriminate or retaliate against any person who has filed a complaint concerning harassment or has testified, assisted, or participated in any investigation proceeding or hearing concerning harassment.
Employees who feel that they have been subjected to conduct of a harassing nature are encouraged to promptly report the matter to Network Resources, who will ensure that prompt action is taken to investigate the complaint.